- JRE 7 or above
- mysql 5.1, 5.5, 5.6, 5.7
- kafka 0.8.2 or greater
As of 0.16.2, Maxwell supports binlog_row_image=MINIMAL, but it may not be what you want. It will differ from normal Maxwell operation in that:
- INSERT statements will no longer output a column's default value
- UPDATE statements will be incomplete; Maxwell outputs as much of the row as given in the binlogs,
datawill only include what is needed to perform the update (generally, id columns and changed columns). The
oldsection may or may not be included, depending on the nature of the update.
- DELETE statements will be incomplete; generally they will only include the primary key.
As of 1.2.0, maxwell includes experimental support for master position recovery. It works like this:
- maxwell writes heartbeats into the binlogs (via the
- maxwell reads its own heartbeats, using them as a secondary position guide
- if maxwell boots and can't find its position matching the
server_idit's connecting to, it will look for a row in
maxwell.positionsfrom a different server_id.
- if it finds that row, it will scan backwards in the binary logs of the new master until it finds that heartbeat.
- master recovery is not compatible with separate schema-store hosts and replication-hosts, due to the heartbeat mechanism.
- this code should be considered alpha-quality.
- on highly active servers, as much as 1 second of data may be duplicated.
- master recovery is not available in GTID-mode.